In this wonderful picture taken by volunteer Rudy Puerzer in 1948, the view is northeast (railroad east) from Army Lake Road (the northern of the two crossings of that road, called "Winema"). Wisconsin Highway 15 (now County ES) is barely in view behind the shelter. At the time of this picture, the line was moving hundreds of freight cars per year.
Passenger service on the TMER&L had been discontinued only nine years prior.
Today, the area to the left is low wetland with many large trees. Of the station itself, just a little bit of concrete remains today. The span pole to the right of the track has been replaced, and, needless to say, the track has been redone twice.
Forgive us a moment of speculative fantasy, but wouldn't a reproduction of this shelter be a terrific addition to the Museum's ride presentation? (Anyone care to donate the materials? We'll get it built...)